Washington, May 5: Music mogul Simon Cowell, whose personal fortune was revealed to be 200 million pounds on Wednesday, has revealed he still buys lottery tickets.
“I still buy lottery tickets. I still play. But I tick the box that says no publicity so no one would know,” Contactmusic quoted him as saying.
Cowell’s fortune is revealed in the latest Sunday Times Rich List – and is up from 165million pounds last year.
He the sixth-richest music industry figure, even bypassing sparring partner Sir Elton John, who is worth 195million pounds.
Cowell’s bank balance has been boosted by from his various business interests including his SyCo music label and reality TV shows including ‘The X Factor’ and ‘America’s Got Talent’.
But his assets are dwarfed by others including former Zomba Records owner Clive Calder who took the top spot with a 1.3 billion pounds fortune.
Top 10 music millionaires:
1. Clive Calder – 1.3 billion pounds
2. Lord Andrew Lloyd Webber – 680 million pounds
3. Cameron Mackintosh – 675 million pounds
4. Sir Paul McCartney – 495 million pounds
5. Simon Fuller – 375 million pounds
6. Simon Cowell – 200 million pounds
7. Sir Elton John – 195 million pounds
8. Sir Mick Jagger – 190 million pounds
9. Sting – 180 million pounds
10. Keith Richards – 175 million pounds (ANI)