Ranchi, Sep 2: Three elephants, including one calf, were killed after an electric wire fell on them in Jharkhand’s Khuti district early Friday, an official said.
‘Three elephants — including two females and one baby — died due to electrocution at Tirla village of Khuti. The elephants came out from a nearby forest and hit an electric pole. The electric wire fell on them and they died,’ forest ranger Kailash Ram told reporters.
The forest officials have conducted autopsy of the dead elephants.
In Jharkhand, more than 45 elephants have died due to electrocution in last seven years.