Mumbai, Oct 25: Producers Farhan Akhtar and Ritesh Sidhwani unveiled the first look of their forthcoming sequel film ‘Don 2: the Chase Continues’ here on Monday.
Akhtar, who is also the director of the film, admitted that he was not in favour of a sequel to his earlier gangster film but the incredible fascination he had for the character finally did him in.
“A really fun, challenging, yet at the same time an extremely satisfying journey so far, to make this movie. I was guilty of saying that I probably won’t do a sequel to Don when the first one released. But my obsession with this character got the better of me,” said Akhtar.
“With amazing help and support and almost a sharing of vision with Ritesh and Shahrukh and the rest of the team, we are here today and showing you the trailer and I hope that you do enjoy the film and do watch it,” he added.
When asked about the decision to release the film in 3D computer graphics, Akhtar said that it was not pre-determined, and was decided much later after many brainstorming sessions with the cast and producers of the film.
The film is slated for release in both 2D and 3D formats on 23rd December worldwide. (ANI)