New Delhi, April 17: India remains “cautious” about the safety of its people and interests in Afghanistan following the recent Taliban strike in Kabul that killed nearly 50 people, official sources said Tuesday.
“As far as India is concerned, the recent attacks were not targeted at our interests. We have employed about 3,000 people, so we have to remain cautious. Such a situation does pose some concern,” a source said.
Official sources said India’s ambassador to Afghanistan Gautam Mukhopadhyay had been sending regular updates about the situation on the ground following the terror strikes.
They said Indians, who are engaged in a host of socio-economic reconstruction activities in Afghanistan, were safe.
The 18-hour terror siege of the Afghanistan capital ended early Monday, killing 48 people, including 36 terrorists.