Islamabad, May 19: A Swedish woman has blamed her newly acquired bikini for causing serious burns under her breasts.
The woman, who went on a sun-soaked retreat sporting a newly acquired bikini is suspecting that the underwiring in her bra caused her bust injury.
Before going off, the woman, from Malmo in southern Sweden, had purchased the new bikini bathing suit at her local Kappahl woman’s fashion store.
But after arriving at her holiday destination, she found that wearing the bikini in the sun gave her serious burns just below her breasts.
She believes that, it is the boosting metal underwiring of the bra that is to be blamed for her burned boobs.
At Kappahl they are appalled that one of their products may have caused a customer bodily harm.
“We treat the fact that we have a customer who has been caused injury very seriously,” the Local quoted Charlotte Hogberg, head of information at Kappahl, as saying.
The bra has since been sent for testing and the company is awaiting results before they take any other precautions.
However, the bikini is still on sale in Kappahl stores.
“It is a standard product and there is no history of anything similar happening before,” Hogberg said.
The affected woman has been refunded by the company for the faulty bikini brassiere.
It is still unknown whether she can expect any further compensation from the company. (ANI)