Oslo, Aug 22 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Norwegian mass murderer Anders Behring Breivik is planning to write an autobiography, in which he would talk about at least two Norwegian organisations to which he belonged.
In July 2011, Breivik bombed government buildings in Oslo, which killed eight people, and also opened fire at a youth camp of the ruling Labour party on Utoeya island, killing 69.
This week, five judges at the Oslo district court will announce whether they consider the 33-year-old legally responsible for his crimes.
Breivik’s defence lawyer Tur Yordet told the Norwegian Verdens Gang newspaper: “He said he wanted to write something about the Norwegian cells, but has not quite decided to disclose what exactly he plans to write about.”
Breivik wrote from his prison cell earlier that he has plans for three books — one on his attacks in July last year, another on the ideology behind them and a third on how he envisions the future.
“He says he’s working on an autobiography. In it, he is going to tell a lot more than he already told the police,” his attorney said.
In court, Breivik claimed to be part of a militant anti-Islamist network founded in London in 2002 called Knights Templar.
He also claimed that he went to Liberia and London in 2002 to meet three other “militant nationalists” to form the network, which borrowed the methodology of Al Qaeda.
Breivik said he intends to say more about those trips in his books.