London, Sep 25: The Taliban have released a video they claim shows militants preparing for the attack on Camp Bastion in Afghanistan earlier this month, that resulted in the death of two Marines and destroyed equipment worth more than 100 million pounds.
Fifteen Taliban militants armed with rocket-propelled grenades and assault rifles attacked the airfield beside the NATO camp, on September 14, where Prince Harry has also been deployed. The attack destroyed six American Harrier aircrafts and killed two US marines, leaving several others injured.
According to The Telegraph, the video, which was emailed to Afghan journalists by a Taliban spokesman, shows young men in American military clothing practicing cutting a hole in a wire fence and being briefed on the position of aircraft inside the sprawling Helmand base. Many of the militants’ faces are blurred out.
One of the fighters then lists reasons, in English, that why he and his comrades are prepared to die in the attack, complaining the West and coalition have insulted Islam, the Prophet Mohammed and the Koran, the paper said.
The final scene in the video shows a man pointing to a crude map drawn on a white board, displaying the positions of helicopters, planes and hangars, the paper said.
It was not possible to verify the authenticity of the footage and nothing in the video indicated when, or where, it was filmed. A spokesman for British forces in Helmand said they did not comment on ‘insurgent propaganda’, the paper added. (ANI)