New Delhi, Oct 7: Voicing shock at the Sep 30 attack on Lt. Gen (retired) K.S. Brar in London, Britain has assured India of its determination to bring the perpetrators to justice and stressed that it will keep Indian officials updated on the progress in the probe.
External Affairs Minister S.M. Krishna has received a letter from British Foreign Secretary William Hague, conveying shock at the attack on Brar. In the letter, Hague expressed hope for Brar’s “quick recovery”, said well-places sources here Sunday.
Hague assured Krishna of the determination of the UK government to “bring the perpetrators of this attack to justice” and also informed him that UK officials will continue to keep Indian officials up to date, as the investigation progresses further.
Brar, who led the army operation in the Golden Temple in June 1984, was injured after he was stabbed in London Sep 30. He was on a private visit. Brar returned to Mumbai last week with his wife Meena.
In an interview to a national news channel, Brar has said he was “extremely sad and distraught that the incident took place after so many years of Operation Bluestar”. He lamented the fact that the anger of some radical Sikhs seems to continue unabated.