Washington, Oct. 24: President Barack Obama has more chances of the winning the White House race over Republican candidate Mitt Romney, according to an analysts in an American channel.
David Gergen a senior political analyst for CNN predicted that Obama has 53 percent chances of the winning the presidential race while Romney had 47 percent chances.
Gergen said that coming off clear, back-to-back victories in the final two debates, Obama has now shored up his campaign, and-given what appears to be a superior ground game-is again an odds-on favorite to win.
He said that but Romney has also accomplished a great deal in these debates and is poised for a possible surprise.
Gergen, who has been an adviser to four presidents, said that Obama has proven once more that he is better when behind, in the clutch, looking for a three-point basket.
He was too complacent going into the first debate and almost threw away the election.
Judging from e-mails and social media, many of his supporters felt he had let them down personally, threatening their ability to get health insurance or other needed benefits.
He said that by reasserting himself in the final debates, he restored their faith and energy for the homestretch.
Over the course of the final debates, Obama also cut Romney down to more human size.
In their town hall encounter, Obama pummeled him with charges of lying, misleading voters, and pretending to be a moderate.
He said that on Monday night, Obama charged repeatedly that Romney had been all over the map on foreign policy.
While Romney delivered some effective counterpunches, he no longer looked the way he did in the first debate-like a man who went into a phone booth and emerged as Superman.
By the end of the third night, he looked tired and more like Clark Kent, the analyst said. (ANI)