Lucknow, Oct 9: A fire broke out Tuesday in the canteen of Allahabad high court, police said.
The fire was noticed when the staffers saw smoke billowing from the canteen premises and the place was immediately evacuated. While no loss of life was reported, furniture and other consumables stored in the canteen were damaged in the fire, firemen said.
Two fire tenders took more than an hour to douse the flames, a fire department spokesman said adding that prima facie leaking gas from an LPG cylinder appeared to be the cause of the fire.
He, however, said that a probe had been ordered into the incident.