London, Sept. 5: A dog was apparently awarded a medal for urinating on a combustible bomb while attempting to put it out.
The medal, along with a portrait, which carried a sign describing the Great Dane’s brave deeds, was found by auctioneers during a house clearance in Bristol, the Mirror reported.
It was also revealed that the dog, called Juliana, took the necessary step when the device fell through the roof of her owner’s home in 1941.
The two items sold together for 1,100 pounds, more than 18 times the 60- pound pre-sale ballpark figure.
Juliana, who died after accidently consuming poison in 1946, also had a Blue Cross Medal for alerting customers to a fire in her master’s shop. (ANI)