* Delhi court convicts four accused of murder, gang-rape, unnatural offences, kidnapping, dacoity, destruction of evidence and criminal conspiracy, among others.
* The court describes the Dec 16 gang-rape as “premeditated” and “brutal” act.
* The court says the facts made all the accused liable for the “cold blooded murder” of the “defenceless victim”.
* The injuries were caused in a “brutal manner” and the death was also not accidental, the court says in a 237 page judgment.
* The rods caused as many as “18 internal injuries to several organs” and the cause of death in the case was the direct consequence of the multiple injuries sustained by her.
* The victim was “humiliated” and beaten up inside the bus with the intention of causing death.
* Rejecting claim of Mukesh, that he was only driving the bus and had not participated in the gang rape, the court said they all are liable for gang rape committed with the victim
* The accused had knowledge of what they were doing, says court.
* Court says gang rapists tried to kill her male friend of the victim and says that his evidence is of vital importance in deciding the act of all the accused.
* Court praised Delhi Police investigators for their prompt and professional action.
* Court says dying declaration of victim was consistent, corroborative of the material aspects of the case.
* Court says the bus was on the road not for earning through dropping passenger to their destination bit the purpose was to commit the crime.