London, Sep 20: Stomach acid is very important for digestion but it should not become very high, says a food expert. Avoiding spicy food is the best way to keep it under control.
According to Geeta Sidhu-Robb, raw food pioneer and creator of the Nosh Detox – a diet that helps in removing toxins from the body, one should avoid spicy food that causes such a problem.
She also shares other tips to reduce stomach acid, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
- Eat smaller and lighter meals regularly.
- Avoid eating late in the night, also sleep with your head in a raised position.
- Avoid peppermint tea.
- Losing weight provides a long term solution to stomach acid.
- Medications like aspirin and Ibuprofen make it worse.
- Avoid smoking as this makes the occurrence of acid reflux more likely.