Dubai, Oct 6: A one-and-a-half-year-old Indian infant died in a hospital in Oman’s capital Muscat after a television set fell on him.
The toddler died after a television set fell on him Friday while he was pulling a wire connected to it, the Times Of Oman reported Saturday.
The parents of the deceased boy Aadhi are from the south Indian state of Kerala.
The body of the baby has been flown to India.
According to the report, the parents of the deceased were not present in the room where the television set was kept at the time of the accident.
The toddler was rushed to the hospital immediately but he died due to intense bleeding.
“We heard that both the parents were not present in the room when the tragedy happened,” a family friend was quoted as saying.
“As the baby’s internal organs suffered damage in the accident, the internal bleeding was beyond control, which led to the death of the baby,” a medical staffer said.