The steps India has taken to pare down diplomatic privileges enjoyed by US diplomats:
* US consulates to surrender their Diplomatic Identity Cards issued to them and their families by the Indian government.
* India has withdrawn all airport passes for consulates.
* Asked the US to declare the salary of the Indian employees in US consulates, including those working as domestic help at the homes of US diplomats in India.
* Police have been asked to lift barricades outside the US embassy in Delhi, but the police picket is to remain.
* India is also stopping all import clearances for the embassy.