Woman, two daughters die of suffocation in Kashmir

Srinagar, Dec 26: A woman and her two daughters died of suffocation after inhaling cooking gas leaking from a cylinder in their house in Jammu and Kashmir’s Kulgam district Thursday, police said.

The woman identified as Sonia, wife of Khursheed Ahmad Dar, and her daughters, Rahie, 6, and Tanveera, 8, were found dead in their kitchen at village Ladgoo in Kulgam Thursday morning, a senior police officer said.

“Police reached the spot and found leakage from the gas cylinder in the kitchen where the trio was sleeping,” said the officer.

“The deceased died apparently of suffocation due to the gas. Proceedings under section 174 of the Criminal Procedure Code were initiated to ascertain the cause of the death.

“After the completion of post mortem at district hospital and other legal formalities, the bodies were handed over to their relatives for last rites,” added the official.

IANS