New Delhi, Jan.23: A Delhi court on Thursday has set January 25 as the next date for further argument after another Ugandan national moved court seeking the filing of an FIR against Delhi Law Minister Somnath Bharti over his controversial recent midnight raid, where he alleged that women were involved in the sex trade and drug trafficking.
“This is the same matter in which the court had earlier given direction to file the FIR. Today, another victim had asked for it, which was listed for arguments today. There was an argument on whether a separate FIR should be registered. Court listened to arguments today, and has sought a report from the higher authorities like DCP,” lawyer Ramesh Sherawat told media here today.
“She is one of those four women, and the incident is the same. We had moved for a separate FIR for every lady. We hope we get a direction from the court for a separate FIR,” he added.
Commenting on the court’s earlier direction regarding an FIR filed by a Ugandan national on Sunday, Sherawat said: “The court had directed that as per the statement of the victim, the FIR should be registered and police should investigate the matter in accordance with the statement given by the victim and report back to the court on February 14.”
Somnath Bharti and his supporters have been accused of illegally detaining Ugandan women and forcing them to give medical tests.
Bharati alleged that a sex trade and drug peddling racket was flourishing in the locality with the help of foreign nationals.
He had demanded that the police take action against the offenders. (ANI)