London, Jan 1: The most common New Year resolution is to focus on fitness. Here’s how you bring about a positive change.
Joe Turner, personal trainer and lead tutor at www.thetrainingroom.com shares tips to help you materialise your New Year fitness resolution, reports femalefirst.co.uk:
* Ask a personal trainer to prepare a realistic programme for you.
* Change your programme every four to six weeks.
* Set precise goals. For instance, “I want to lose 10 kg in four weeks”. It shouldn’t be “I want to lose weight”.
* Take an expert’s advice on the right nutrition. The best exercise routine will fail if your diet lacks healthy food items.
* Find a training buddy and commit to get fit together.
* Tell others what you are doing – in person and on social networking sites. This makes you accountable.