Indian couple dies in Nepal

Kathmandu, Jan 19: An Indian couple, living in a rented house in Kathmandu, was killed when a cooking gas cylinder exploded in their apartment Sunday morning, police said.

The couple, identified as Sharad and Binaya Gupta of Mathanpur in Madhya Pradesh, suffered severe burns in the fire that spread in their apartment following the LPG gas cylinder explosion.

Sharad owned a local sweet shop in the posh New Baneshwore area of the capital.

Local residents and fire brigade personnel brought the fire under control.

The couple’s three children and a relative, who were also sleeping in the apartment at the time of the incident, escaped unhurt in the fire, police said.

IANS