UAE condemns Cairo bomb blasts

Abu Dhabi, Jan 24 (IANS/WAM) Foreign Minister of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed Al Nahyan Friday strongly condemned the terrorist bombings which took place in Egypt’s capital Cairo earlier in the day.

“This act of terror is an attempt to undermine the security and stability in the brotherly Arab republic of Egypt,” he said.

At least five people were killed and around 70 others injured two separate blasts in Cairo Friday.

Sheikh Abdullah expressed the UAE’s solidarity with the government of Egypt.

Sheikh Abdullah urged countries that oppose terrorism to stand by the Egyptian government in the face of this terrorism and what it stands and calls for.

“The terrorist organisation’s continued acts of terror and killing in Egypt require a swift action by all to eliminate these criminal acts which are carried out under the guise of Islam and which are rejected by Islam and Muslims,” he said.

He expressed heartfelt condolences to the government of Egypt and to the victims’ families and wished speedy recovery to those injured.

–IANS/WAM

ab/dg

IANS