Philip Seymour Hoffman died due to accidental drug overdose

Washington, Mar. 1: Philip Seymour Hoffman’s death has been ruled out as accidental drug overdose.

According to the medical statements, the Academy Award winner died from acute mixed drug intoxication of heroin, cocaine, benzodiazepines and amphetamine, Fox news reported.

Hoffman was found dead in his Manhattan apartment with a needle sticking out of his arm.

In interviews, last year he had confessed that he was falling off the wagon, and had developed a heroin problem which had led to a stint at a rehabilitation facility. (ANI)