New Delhi, Feb 4: Delhi Law Minister Somnath Bharti Tuesday said there was no question of his apologising over his controversial midnight campaign against an alleged drugs and prostitution racket in the capital.
Asked if he would apologise for the incident, Bharti told CNN IBN: “Absolutely no question of saying sorry. I feel proud of what I did.”
Bharti accused the media of distorting the reality in the case.
Bharti triggered a controversy last month when he carried out a campaign at midnight in a south Delhi locality where he alleged a drugs and prostitution racket involving African nationals was going on.
The minister said he will resign if it was proved that “what I did was wrong”.
Meanwhile, Bharti’s cabinet colleague Manish Sisodia said Tuesday that some African women had approached Bharti for his help complaining they have been forced into the sex trade.
“Those women who had no trust on police and even on their own Ugandan High Commission approached our Law Minister Somnath Bharti seeking help and protection,” Sisodia told reporters.