Johannesburg, Mar 19: Swiss tennis ace Roger Federer is reportedly not disappointed despite losing a close final in the BNP Paribas Open to Novak Djokovic as he is aware of how far he had come since injuring his back a year ago at Indian Wells.
Federer, who took a seven-week break last year, re-injured his back and found himself questioning everything after Wimbledon, leading to an uneven year for the 17-time Major winner who once ruled this sport.
According to Sport24, Federer said that although he was doubtful of playing tennis a few months ago, he was patient and thus regained his fire and balance, shutting up his critics who claimed that his game had fallen.
Despite being denied a record fifth title at Indian Wells, Federer moved up three spots to No 5 in Monday’s rankings, which is the closest he has been to the top four since last June, when he was third.
Federer further said that instead of being disappointed about his loss to the Serb, he is happy that he is playing consistent tennis, going deep in tournaments and giving himself chances to win.
Federer heads to Miami this week for the Sony Open, which he skipped last year because of his back, the report added. (ANI)