New Delhi, April 16: The seventh edition of Indian Premier League (IPL) will begin Wednesday in the UAE, but the cricket fans can cheer for their favourite teams, settling down here with drinks and food at discounted rates.
Here’s a list of some of the capital’s restaurants offering good deals for the IPL:
* Smokeys BBQ and Grill: It is offering special happy hours throughout the day matches and till 8.30 p.m. during the evening matches. Barring champagne, you can buy one drink and get one free. The offer is valid from Wednesday to May 6.
* Market CafÃ©: You can enjoy beer, cocktails and sangrias at attractive rates. The beer bucket starts from Rs.699 (exclusive of tax), cocktails pitcher (five glasses) at Rs.999 (exclusive of tax) and flavoured red and white sangria with fresh fruits at Rs.1099 (excluding tax). If not buckets or pitchers, there are happy hours too. The offer will go on till June 1.
* Veda CafÃ©: It has introduced an IPL menu. Enjoy live screening of matches with a bucket of six beers and one vegetarian or non-vegetarian starter. The menu consists of delicacies from various places like Kashmir and Kerala. Each regional dish represents its respective IPL team. You can try dishes like gunpowder super idli, Mumbai vada pao, Kolkata chicken roll and Delhi anda parantha. The price varies with the choice of drinks. If you go for imported drinks, it will cost you Rs.1,449, and if it’s Indian spirits, it will be as low as Rs.699.
* Excuse Me Boss: The cafÃ© bar is offering a flat 50 percent off on food and beverage during IPL hours. Starting from Wednesday, the offer is valid till April 30.
* Neighbourhood Bar & Grill: The multi-cuisine restaurant is giving unlimited food and liquor during IPL hours at just Rs.799. You can avail the offer from Wednesday to April 30.