London, Apr 19: When we are growing up, we tend to believe the lies that parents tell us.
But even while telling these lies, parents have a hidden agenda, especially when it comes to protecting the child’s innocence.
The Guardian has compiled a list of the lies that we believed to be the truth.
Some of them are:
1. When you die you go to heaven
2. Mummy and Daddy are not having an argument, they are just having a disagreement
3. Mother/Father knows best, even though half the time, mother and father don’t have a clue what they’re doing.
4. If we don’t punish you, you won’t learn for next time
5. Those funny noises you heard coming from Mummy and Daddy’s bedroom last night were just Mummy and Daddy playing.
6. Mummy and Daddy would never do anything to hurt you
7. You are the most beautiful/special boy/girl in the world
8. There are fairies at the bottom of the garden
9. God is good and will look after you
10. Money doesn’t matter (ANI)