Washington, July 26: Google’s updated statistics show that the Internet search-engine-giant has granted more than half of “right to be forgotten” requests in Europe.
According to CNET, Google confirmed on Friday that it approved more than half of the “right to be forgotten” requests it received and processed since May, resulting in the removal of tens of thousands of links on its websites.
A Google representative confirmed that the company had removed more than 50 percent of “right to be forgotten” requests it processed so far.
Meanwhile, the company said on Friday that it asked for more information in about 15 percent of cases and rejected more than 30 percent of applications, the report said.
The move comes as the European Union’s new “right to be forgotten” rules went into effect in May.
The rule says European citizens have a right to ask search engines to remove any results that might infringe on their privacy. (ANI)